Today's Lancaster Has It All
Lancaster, Pennsylvania is a little piece of paradise, rich with culture and opportunities for fun: entertainment, shopping, dining, history, travel, and education. Proclaimed by locals as a city authentic, Lancaster is frequently recognized nationwide as one of the top locations to retire, best places to visit, and safest cities to live.
Lately, the rest of the world has been learning what those of us who enjoy Lancaster have known for a very long time: Lancaster, Pennsylvania is a very special place. Accolades of this great little city abound. U.S. News & World Report recently designated Lancaster as the Best Place to Retire. Forbes Magazine named Lancaster One of the Ten Coolest Cities to Visit.
Willow Valley Communities is located just four miles from the heart of Lancaster. Lancaster city life offers exquisite cuisine, rich cultural diversity, and vibrant artistry that rival larger metropolitans. Despite these big-city features, this four-square-mile mini-metropolis maintains its downtown charm and energy within a mix of contemporary and historic architecture.
Whether you’re enjoying the cityscape or countryside, you’ll discover unique experiences guaranteed to give Lancaster a cherished place in your heart. There is so much to explore and learn:
- Shop creative boutiques, hundreds of antique dealers and shops, as well as major outlet shopping
- Discover quaint towns while exploring the vast rolling countryside in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Amish communities
- Savor local delights in restaurants offering cuisine from all over the globe
- Enjoy the flavors of Pennsylvania Dutch, from farmers markets and farm-to-table bistros to roadside stands
- Visit award-winning local home-grown wineries and breweries
- Stroll historic downtown’s dozens of art galleries, orchestras, music venues, and more
- Entertain yourself with everything from Minor League Baseball to world-class theater performances
- Adventure across parks, trails, rivers, and other recreational activities
- Explore the rich history at any of more than forty museums, mansions, gardens, and a Presidential estate
- Expand your knowledge at one of five colleges and universities that offer ongoing educational opportunities and programs
- Enjoy the peace of mind offered by world class health care, with Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health System located nearby
- When it’s time to get away, Lancaster is just a short drive or easy train ride to larger cities like Philadelphia (75 miles), Washington, DC (115 miles), or New York City (160 miles). Plus, easy access to major airports including Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Harrisburg when your getaway calls for airplane travel.
"Lancaster is an easy city to navigate. There is so much to see and do. There is something for everyone."
Lancaster in the News
Lancaster, PA is an Unlikely Getaway for Food and Culture (Baltimore Magazine)
Best Small Cities in America to Visit (Thrillist)
A Global Feast in an Unlikely Spot: Lancaster, Pa. (New York Times)