A Vibrant City, Rich with History
Lancaster, Pennsylvania is a little piece of paradise with numerous opportunities for entertainment, shopping, dining, history, travel, and education. With plenty of opportunities to visit and engage in the local community, it’s no wonder Lancaster, PA has recently been voted one of the top three best places to retire in the United States and has won many national awards.
Lately, the rest of the world has been learning what those of us who enjoy Lancaster have known for a very long time: Lancaster, Pennsylvania is a very special place. Accolades of this great little city abound. U.S. News & World Report recently designated Lancaster as the Best Place to Retire. Forbes Magazine named Lancaster One of the Ten Coolest Cities to Visit.
Come explore this lively, enjoyable, culturally diverse city, all just a short drive from rolling countryside and farmland in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Amish communities. When it’s time to get away, Lancaster is just a short drive or easy train ride to larger cities like Philadelphia (1 hour, 20 minutes), Washington, DC (3 hours), or New York City (3.5 hours). There is so much to explore and learn:
- Shop at major outlet centers with more than 160 stores
- Browse creative boutiques and hundreds of antique dealers and shops
- Entertain yourself with everything from baseball to world-class theater performances
- Dine at restaurants offering specialties from all over the globe
- Discover the many local wineries and breweries
- Explore our rich history at any of more than forty museums, mansions, gardens, and a Presidential estate
- Expand your knowledge at one of the five colleges and universities that offer ongoing educational opportunities and programs
- Stroll historic downtown’s dozens of art galleries, orchestras, shops, theaters, and more
- Enjoy the peace of mind offered by world-class health care, with Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Lancaster General Health System located nearby
- Take advantage of the favorable tax treatment Pennsylvania offers retirees
Unique and unparalleled, Lancaster will find a cherished place in your heart.
"We enjoy the fact that it is so easy to go to NYC or DC if we want to get away. For us, it’s just the best place to be."
Lancaster in the News
Lancaster, PA is an Unlikely Getaway for Food and Culture (Baltimore Magazine)
Best Small Cities in America to Visit (Thrillist)
A Global Feast in an Unlikely Spot: Lancaster, Pa. (New York Times)
Experience Lancaster For Yourself
Are you interested in seeing more? Contact our sales counselors to ask about upcoming experiential events taking place in Lancaster, PA, request more information, or submit a question.