Lancaster, PA, – Willow Valley Communities’ supportive living community, The Glen at Willow Valley, has been named the number one nursing home in Pennsylvania for 2024 by Newsweek magazine. This is the fifth consecutive year that The Glen at Willow Valley has received this distinction, as it was also named #1 in the state for 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.
Newsweek partnered with global data research firm Statista in its annual ranking of America’s Best Nursing Homes. The nation’s top 750 nursing homes out of 12,273 were analyzed and includes nursing homes with 100-149 beds, a change from previous years which ranked nursing homes with more than 150 beds.
The evaluation is based on five data sources:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) data were used to determine the performance of nursing homes.
- National online survey: From June to July 2023, thousands of medical professionals (registered nurses, nursing home managers, and administrators, licensed practical nurses / licensed vocational nurses, nursing assistants,
therapists, and physicians) were invited to an online survey in cooperation with Newsweek.
- Management of the COVID-19 situation: A COVID-19 score for each facility was calculated, with the objective to award nursing homes that have had the best possible response and protocols during the pandemic.
- Resident satisfaction data: National Patient Safety Goals from the Joint Commission and Google reviews were included.
- Accreditation data on nursing homes provided by The Joint Commission (TJC) and Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
The overall rating is the weighted average of the performance data score (35 percent), reputation score (35 percent), COVID-19 score (18 percent), Resident Satisfaction score (7 percent), and the accreditation score (5 percent).
Willow Valley Communities is one of the nation’s premier 55-plus senior living communities and is a Type A Lifecare community offering a full continuum of care. Beyond a traditional CCRC community, Lifecare means that residents’ monthly fees do not increase because of the need for an increased level of care in the future. The Glen at Willow Valley offers a range of support services including personal care, short-term rehabilitation for those recovering from illness or surgery, specialized memory support, and long-term nursing care specializing in management of complex medical conditions. The entire Glen team provides top-quality care in each discipline with compassion, in a home-like environment. The Glen also has its own in-house rehabilitation services in the form of occupational, physical, and speech therapies.
Willow Valley Communities Senior Vice President of Healthcare Services, Kendall Hunsicker, offered her praise and appreciation to the team at The Glen for once again achieving this recognition. “We are very grateful to our professional Supportive Living Team Members who continue to work tirelessly to care for our residents. They are experts in their fields, compassionate, and dedicate themselves every day to the residents they serve.”
View Willow Valley Communities’ press release in a downloadable PDF.