The Five Most Common Senior Living Questions We’re Asked
Five Questions We’re Asked - And The Answers
When exploring senior living communities and retirement options, there can be quite a bit of information to take in. This can lead to questions—to which we are glad to provide answers. Here, we share some of the most commonly asked questions posed by many prospects. By consolidating these questions into a handy guide, we hope this information helps you make an informed decision by comparing your senior living options and determining whether Willow Valley Communities is right for you.
What is Lifecare?
Lifecare is our comprehensive Type-A contract that provides you with supportive care, if you need it, without increasing your monthly service fee because of the need for an enhanced level of care. Your one-time entrance fee and ongoing monthly service fee entitle you to personal care, skilled nursing care, or memory support, which protects you from the ever-escalating costs of long-term care. Unlike many other 55+ communities in Lancaster, PA, Willow Valley Communities is a Type A Lifecare community.
Personal Care – Our Personal Care Communities promote independence and involvement, with assistance managing the activities of daily living, 24 hours a day, in well-appointed accommodations that also offer a wide array of community amenities.
Skilled Nursing Care – Willow Valley Communities offers both short-term rehabilitative services for those recovering from illness or surgery and some of the highest ratings in long-term nursing care.
Memory Support – We also offer individuals and families coping with the challenges of Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other cognitive disorders the support they need in a secure, residential setting. Our trained staff provides 24-hour supervision, along with activity and exercise programs that incorporate the latest advancements in memory-related treatments.
Willow Valley Communities, a premier 55+ community with a 30+ year tradition of amenity-rich excellence, is an A-rated Lifecare community; you get the financial security of knowing your fees won’t increase because you later need personal care, skilled nursing care, or memory support.
What’s your pricing?
Pricing varies by the residence style that you choose. You can view our range of pricing on our Fees and Services page.
Our one time entrance fees range from $99,600 for a studio apartment to nearly $600,000 for a 3,200 square foot home; there’s a style and price point for every budget. Your entrance fee, in addition to your monthly service fee, entitles you to a wide range of amenities and services.
Willow Valley Communities’ Lifecare contract is the most important benefit included in your entrance fee and monthly service fee. As a Willow Valley Communities resident, you are entitled to short- or long-term care, if you need it, without increasing your monthly service fee because of the need for the enhanced level of care.
In addition to Lifecare, your entrance fee and monthly service fee cover the following:
- Real estate taxes and property insurance
- Your utilities: electricity, water, sewer, heat, air conditioning, trash, and washer/dryer
- Maintenance and weekly or annual housekeeping (housekeeping frequency is based on the residence style you’ve selected)
- Lawn care, snow removal, and outdoor landscape maintenance
- 24-Hour Residential Nursing support for emergency response
- Scheduled and on-demand transportation services within Willow Valley Communities
- Scheduled transportation to area shopping venues, doctor offices, and grocery stores
- Use of all amenities at the Cultural Center and The Clubhouse including:
- The fitness and aquatics centers
- Aerobics studio
- Art studio
- Bowling alley
- Sports center
- Tennis courts
- Indoor/outdoor pools (seasonally)
- Golf simulator
- Vintage arcade
- Scheduled fitness, aquatics and wellness classes (additional fees may apply)
- Educational classes, lecture series and seminars (additional fees may apply)
- 100+ clubs and organizations
- Flexible dining credit program for use at any of Willow Valley’s 12 dining venues, including full-service restaurants, lounges, and cafes
We also feature three different contract options so you can plan for the future that you envision for yourself and your family.
We invite you to schedule a personal appointment and visit our campus to see the value of Willow Valley Communities in person.
Which Residence Styles are Currently Available?
Available residences change weekly; for current information, contact a sales counselor. Currently available featured styles are also found on our Available Now at Willow Valley Communities page. We welcome you to let us know your floor plan preferences. Our sales counselors excel at matching prospective residents with a home that suits their wants and their needs. With 90+ floor plans to choose from, we’re confident we can help you find the perfect home on our campus. To browse a sampling of floor plans, check out our retirement apartments, villas, and townhomes on our website.
What type of dining plans do you offer?
We’re proud that our residents regard us as having one of the best senior living dining programs, and eagerly invite prospective residents to explore our flexible dining plan. Residents receive a $399 dining credit every month (which also rolls over for three months); residents may also opt out of the dining plan and save money on their monthly service fee. The dining plan credit can be used at the following venues:
- Community Dining – Manor, Lakes, and North buildings feature convenient dining rooms for residents to enjoy at their leisure. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is offered.
- Four Seasons– Chefs chop, slice, and sauté your dinner right before your eyes at Four Seasons’ action station. Enjoy the main feature cooked to your liking, in addition to a variety of other entrees and freshly prepared side dishes at this Spring Run dining venue.
- Local Table Restaurant and Bar – Local Table uses locally-sourced ingredients from farms in Lancaster County to offer an eclectic array of starters, entrees, and desserts, served in a comfortable, upscale setting.
- Overlook Artisanal Coffeehouse and Wine Bar– North community’s second-floor coffee lounge features snacks and bites, handmade beverages from organic, fair trade coffee beans, and more. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., white and red wine is offered.
- Marketplace Café– Located just inside the Lakes community, the Marketplace offers sandwiches, wraps, and salads, along with sweet treats and hot and cold beverages.
- Clubhouse Café– Comfortable, casual dining in The Clubhouse with American classics, hot and cold sandwiches, and ice cream.
- Vitality Café– Quick eatery located in the Cultural Center that features make-your-own salads, sandwiches, and wraps. Also features soups, hot and cold recipe beverages, and fresh-made desserts.
Should you have a dining plan, but will be away from the community for an extended period of time, you have the flexibility to opt out of the plan for a 2 month minimum. Residents can opt out twice a year.
Where are you located?
Willow Valley Communities is located in Lancaster, PA, which was recently named #3 Place to Retire in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
We love our hometown of Lancaster and know you will too. Lancaster’s downtown has a vibrant arts, food, and shopping scene. From live theater at the Fulton Theatre, to games at Clipper Stadium, to art throughout Gallery Row and Lancaster’s Restaurant Week, there’s always something to do downtown.
When it’s time to get away from the city, Lancaster County is also home to rolling hills and farmland, with a population of Amish farmers that fill farmers markets with delicious food, homemade treats, and intricately-crafted furniture.
Plus, Willow Valley Communities is in close proximity to major cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and New York City, so weekend getaways are easy. Several airports and train stations are just a short drive from Willow Valley Communities, as well.
Find out why our residents believe we have the best retirement home amenities and come for a visit to explore our campus and the surrounding area.
Looking for more information?
We hope the answers we’ve provided to these common questions are helpful to you. But, it’s your question that matters most; we welcome the opportunity to help. If you’d like more information, or would like to speak to a sales counselor about more in-depth questions, we invite you to call us at 877-503-0774 or submit an inquiry to our sales team.
Quick Answers to Your Questions
What Is Willow Valley Communities' Lifecare?
Lifecare is our comprehensive promise that provides you with supportive care, if you need it, without increasing your monthly service fee because of the need for an enhanced level of care. Your one-time entrance fee and ongoing monthly service fee entitle you to personal care, skilled nursing care, or memory support, which protects you from the ever-escalating costs of long-term care.
What’s Willow Valley Communities Pricing?
Pricing varies by the residence style, contract type, and additional options you choose. In 2020, our entrance fees range from $99,600 to $600,000. You can view a full range of pricing and learn what's included on our Fees and Services page.
Which Residence Styles Are Currently Available at Willow Valley Communities?
Available residences change weekly; for current information, contact a sales counselor for the most up to date list or take a look at our Available Now page.
What Type Of Dining Plans Do You Offer?
We’re proud that our residents regard us as having one of the best senior living dining programs, and eagerly invite prospective residents to explore our flexible dining plan. Residents receive a $399 dining credit every month (which also rolls over for three months); residents may also opt out of the dining plan and save money on their monthly service fee.
Where Are You Located?
Willow Valley Communities is located in the vibrantly diverse county of Lancaster, PA, which was recently named #3 Place to Retire in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.