The ABCs of Senior Living at Willow Valley Communities
Senior Living Amenities, Value, and More
At Willow Valley Communities, we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach when it comes to retirement. Our mission, to inspire each person to embrace the possibilities of a Life Lived Forward, is plain to see in everything we do, from our expansive culinary options to the array of amenities we offer.
Learn more about life at Willow Valley Communities below, and discover all the great things that wait for you on campus.
A is for ANTICIPATION
You can anticipate a worry-free lifestyle when you move here:
- Anticipate peace of mind with our Lifecare promise, which makes fees predictable for future care if you need it.
- Anticipate a maintenance-free home, with yard work and snow removal done for you.
- Anticipate making new friends and choosing how to enjoy your day.
B is for BAKERY
Delectable confections from our Corner Sweets Bakery could enhance your next special occasion if you lived here:
- Watch through the window as our pastry chef crafts fine delicacies for our cafe locations and custom orders.
- Order a unique cake made to your specifications.
- Stimulate your taste buds and enjoy the aroma of freshly baked, expertly decorated, cakes and confections.
C is for CHOICES
As a resident, you’ll feel happy and fulfilled because you can choose how to enjoy your day:
- Travel internationally with a Willow Valley Communities’ tour groups.
- Curl up with a book, take a walk, or do nothing at all.
- Paint a masterpiece or grow your own vegetables in one of the gardens.
D is for DESIGN CENTER
We are one of the few senior living communities who offer complimentary interior design service, allowing you to design a living space that you’ll love:
- Customize your new space with colors, textures, and window treatments.
- Choose from a wide variety of cabinets, counter tops, flooring, and more to enhance our high-quality construction.
- Make it your own with custom mill-work such as bookcases, columns, and special moldings.
E is for EDUCATION
We offer a wide variety of educational opportunities. Check out the list in our latest Renaissance magazine, then call and ask to sit in on a class like:
F is for FREEDOM
If you live at Willow Valley Communities, you’ll find freedom from chores like snow and leaf removal, lawn work, exterior and interior home maintenance, and more:
- Our complimentary campus tours can be scheduled at your convenience.
- Discover the freedom and wise investment of our Lifecare promise.
- Experience freedom from preparing meals because of our flexible dining plan.
- Learn about the host of entertainment options and amenities, free and included in your monthly service fee.
G is for GARDENS
At our 55+ senior living community, you can choose to work the soil and plant a garden of your own, or sit back and watch our grounds teams do the work.
- Garden plots in your choice of sizes; some raised-bed gardening as well.
- Soil is tilled for you.
- Water hoses are close by.
All you have to do is plant, weed, and smile.
H is for the HIMALAYAN SALT WALL
You’ll feel relaxed, pampered, and refreshed after spending some time at our full-service Day Spa complete with a Himalayan salt wall. Call us and ask to visit our relaxation room and Himalayan salt wall. The benefits attributed to Himalayan salt include:
- Air purification
- Stress reduction and increased energy levels
- Improved moods and better sleep
I is for ICE CREAM
At our Clubhouse Cafe, you’ll find amazing flavors of fresh, local ice cream. The Clubhouse Cafe is one of 12 unique dining venues you can enjoy living at Willow Valley Communities. Come for a visit and the ice cream is on us! Here are some resident-favorite flavors:
- Maple Walnut, York Peppermint Patty, or Coffee
- Give-Me-A-Break (Ice cream + Kit-Kat bars)
- Rum Raisin, Lemon Lavender Sorbet, or vanilla
J is for JUDY
Judy is the team member behind our social media posts. She also teaches a ‘Facebook 101’ class for residents to learn the basics of one of the most popular social networking sites on the internet. In the class, residents learn:
- How to set up your profile.
- Is the message you’re sending private?
- Basic Facebook security.
K is for KIDS
Family memories will be abundant because your kids and grandkids will love to visit. We build amenities and services with your whole family in mind and offer:
- Award-winning Camp Willow Day Camp for grandkids.
- Indoor and outdoor pools, bowling, vintage arcade, sports center, and an ice cream parlor.
- Tennis, walking paths, fountains, and fishing ponds.
L is for LIFECARE
Our Lifecare Promise can make a big difference in your financial health. With the promise of Lifecare:
- Monthly service fees won’t increase because of the need for enhanced healthcare later.
- Personal care, skilled nursing, and memory support are all covered.
- Predictable fees with no per diem rate provides you financial security and peace of mind.
M is for MILES
You’ll be free to explore major East Coast cities on the spur of the moment because of their close proximity to Willow Valley Communities. From our campus, it’s:
- 5 miles to Lancaster’s train station
- 60 miles to Philadelphia
- 65 miles to Baltimore
- 100 miles to Washington, D.C.
- 150 miles to New York City
N is for NOW
If you’re tired of chores like snow removal, cooking, and home maintenance, now is the perfect time to explore living at Willow Valley Communities. Call or stop by our Welcome Center and ask to schedule a personalized, no obligation tour. With a move to Willow Valley Communities, you can expect to:
- Watch the leaves & snow pile up and let our maintenance crews do the work.
- Choose whether to stay in and cook in your gorgeous kitchen or dine in one of our 12 unique dining venues.
- Enjoy the peace of mind of our Lifecare promise with no financial worries for your future should you need an enhanced level of care.
- Relish the freedom to choose how to spend your day.
O is for OPPORTUNITY
As a resident of Willow Valley Communities you’ll find boundless opportunities for adventure. Take a look at the performances, lectures, art, computer, and wellness classes we offer. Prospective residents can join in on the fun too! If you see a lecture or event that you’d like to attend, please give us a call and we’ll schedule your visit.
P is for PICKLEBALL
As a resident of Willow Valley Communities, you’ll have fun staying fit by enjoying the sport of pickleball all year long at our indoor sports center in The Clubhouse.
- Our sports center features interchangeable courts that include space to play basketball, badminton, pickleball, and volleyball.
- Pickleball is similar to tennis, but uses a paddle and whiffle ball and is played on a smaller court, so there’s less running and longer rallies.
- Pickleball is one of the fastest-growing sports in America.
Q is for QUIZ
Willow Valley Communities’ 210-acre campus has dozens of activities and amenities to keep you living a Life Lived Forward. Take our quiz to discover which Willow Valley Communities amenity best fits your personality, and then call us for a tour and come see it for yourself.
R is for READING
Willow Valley Communities has several library options on each campus for you to enjoy. The community libraries make up 12,000+ books, DVDs, audiobooks, and educational courses. Many residents feel there isn’t any need to go to a public library — the waiting list for best-sellers is short at our libraries and we tend to have most of the latest books and DVDs.
S is for SALES COUNSELORS
Our friendly and knowledgeable sales counselors are passionate about helping you find your best future:
- There’s always an open door at our Welcome Center to answer any questions you may have about residence styles, costs and fees, becoming a resident, and more.
- Meet with one of our counselors, enjoy refreshments, and talk about your plans for the future.
- Personal, no-obligation tours are planned with your wishes in mind.
T is for TRAVEL
Whether you enjoy a 10 minute drive into Downtown Lancaster or flying across the world to a country you’ve never visited before, Willow Valley Communities will help you get where you need to go:
- You’ll live 5 miles from Lancaster’s train station
- Many major metropolitan cities are within driving distance of our campus
- Willow Valley Communities residents often plan trips and excursions together
- Recent group trips have included Iceland, Cuba, and Ireland.
U is for UKULELE
You will keep your brain sharp, relieve stress, and gain a sense of achievement if you join the Ukulele Group as a resident of Willow Valley Communities:
- The Ukulele Group is only one of many opportunities to make music at Willow Valley Communities.
- All residents are welcome; beginners and advanced players alike.
- Meetings are a time to teach, learn, practice, and perform.
- Playing music is a fun social outlet and studies have shown that it may make you more creative.
V is for THE VUE
The VUE, our Rooftop Terrace at the Vistas luxury apartments, will take your breath away in the most magical way:
- Fully-staffed bar with snacks on scheduled evenings.
- Breathtaking views of farmland on one side and the Lancaster skyline on the other.
- Gas fire tables to keep the atmosphere warm on cool evenings.
- Open to all Willow Valley Communities residents.
W is for WATER
Come on in, the water’s fine! As a resident of Willow Valley Communities, you’ll stay cool and relaxed by visiting our swimming pools, spas, scenic ponds, and beautiful fountains:
- Invite your grandchildren for a swim in our outdoor pool at The Clubhouse.
- Swim laps in our indoor pools on campus.
- Rejuvenate with a restorative soak in one of our spas.
- Relax outside in the shade and watch water fountains splash into one of our scenic ponds.
X is for “X Marks the Spot”
Convenient metropolitan cities are just a day trip away from Willow Valley Communities. With Lancaster’s Amtrak station just five miles away and airports within driving distance; you’re not far from your next adventure.
- Broadway shows
- Baltimore Harbor
- MD, DE, and NJ Beaches
Y is for YOUR Retirement
Picture yourself at Willow Valley Communities sharing experiences with friends and discovering new passions. You’ll enjoy:
- Exceptional cuisine
- Maintenance-free living
- The security of our Lifecare Promise
- Award-winning amenities
Z is for ZOLTAR
Zoltar the all-knowing fortune teller lives at The Clubhouse and he’s here to share his wisdom. Could Willow Valley Communities be in your future?
Now That You Know Your ABCs…
Plan a visit to come and see! If living without the worry of home maintenance, with 12 different dining venues on campus, access to exceptional amenities, and the security of our Lifecare promise is intriguing to you, we invite you to call us or schedule a personal tour.