I love serving this dish in the summertime because it’s very easy to prep and only takes a few minutes to grill. This BBQ sauce also works with chicken and fish. I love fresh grilled fruits and vegetables in the summer time when the produce is at its peak growing season. A simple garden salad with grilled pineapples or grilled squash would be a perfect side dish. Enjoy!
Grilled Asian Flank Steak
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-10 minutes
4 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
3 Tablespoons Sherry
¼ Cup Lite Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
- In a small bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, sherry, soy, BBQ, garlic, and ginger
- Pour hoisin sauce mixture over the beef and covering it completely
- Refrigerate 2 hours
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Grill flank steak 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness
- Allow steak to reset 2 minutes, then carve flank steak across the grain on a diagonal into thin slices
- You could also slice the meat before marinating and put onto skewers before grilling. Make sure to soak the skewers in water before use to prevent them from burning when grilling.
- If you are looking for extra flavor, try adding pineapple juice or lime juice to the marinade. It will give it an extra kick!
Willow Valley Communities Chef Jamie Boucher